Photo Manipulation in Adobe Photoshop for Beginners
As a beginner with Photoshop, it can be easy to become lost, or otherwise confused on what steps would be best to try next. Should you start with contrast, color, or noise removal? No matter what kind of photo manipulation you’re doing, your basic steps should always be the same:
1. You should start by going to Image - Mode - 16 Bits/Channel.
2. Create a new empty layer, and begin Spotting it.
3. To adjust the contrast, use the Levels Palette to give the image dynamic range.
4. With either Variations, Selective Color Palette or Curves Palette, to make color corrections.
5. By using the Hue and Saturation Palette, you can give the color some pop.